My upper body is pretty sore today. I have been running and trying to eat better (as opposed to that unattainable right) for the last few weeks. What I had been putting off is getting to the lifting stage of this on and off exercise cycle which, if past is prologue, has a few more weeks left before I start to get disinterested. The main reason I've put it off is because I know how sore I'm going to feel when I start, that coupled with the sadness that fills my heart when I have to make the lowest number (amount of weight) on my lifting charts (I keep records) my highest as I start all over again. Next week should be a lot better.
I got home on Wednesday to see how our carpet cleaning went. The guy did a pretty good job on our living room and game room, but man did our living room stink when I got home. It reeked of a dog smell that even our 4 fans couldn't get out. We asked the guy why it smelled and he said that was what was in the carpet. I vacuumed the downstairs and upstairs before we started putting things back. This is something I hope we keep up with from now on. Then on Thursday, a maid came in to clean the house. I was thinking that having the carpets cleaned would help her finish up quicker, but there were still stains I'm guessing and although she did a very good job downstairs, she ran out of time before getting to some projects that I was really looking forward to, namely my bathroom. She ended up staying an extra hour than we had planned, but it was worth it in my book. The plan for next time is tell her how much time she has for each section of the house as to focus on quantity rather than quality. 6 hours is a long time. Plus, I'm sure she wasted a lot of time on the dishes, which were not part of the plan initially. Either way, I'm glad how it worked out.
I just found out my cousin Isra's wedding isn't in the evening this Saturday, but is instead is in the morning. This means that instead of taking off on Saturday early, I'll now have to take off on Friday night for the Valley. That wasn't my plan, but hey, what can you do? More time with family I guess. Mother's Day should be fun as well.
I just paid my bar dues for the year. It always sucks to have to pay out money you were not expecting to, or forgot about. I think my TiVo yearly bill is coming due soon as well, that isn't going to be fun, but man I love my TiVo. Humm, what other bills am I not thinking of right now?
A friend of mine's law school classes are over. She probably still has finals though. I kept her company online during a few of her last few classes while she kept me company at work on AIM. As an old friend from college I didn't know too well, she ended up being pretty personable. I think smart people are cool. One thing I remember fondest from my law school days is being in class and being so lucky as to be able to chat online with someone. It really helped pass the time and make me feel sane. That or I would just blog during class. During an ex-gfs last year of law school, we chatted a lot while she was in class, and though it felt like I being used to keep her less bored, I actually had a pretty good time. It was then I came to appreciate the chatting during a 2 hour class thing. Till this day I don't know if having the internet during class was more helpful or hurtful. I chat a lot less often than I did in college I must say. Probably due to Facebook.
My other friend, and former roommate, Mark is also finishing law school this year. I'm pretty happy for him. He can add this to his many lists of accomplishments. I can't think of a better guy. I'm not sure what his plans are exactly, but I'm sure next time we catch up he will fill me in. Way to go Mark!
Did you know that eighteen-year old Bristol Palin is an ambassador for teen abstinence, despite the recent birth of her son Tripp in December. Check out Bristol Palin's New York Abstinence Campaign (SLIDESHOW). Really? This just seems comical and more than hypocritical to me. How about you pick a girl who hasn't had a baby and have her go out and talk about safe sex? Would that make too much sense?
I'm kind of really bored of the Swine flu already and so is the media it seems. I think it is worth noting that Poverty Has A Lot To Do With the Mexican Flu Deaths. Also, Judy Trunnell, First US Swine Flu Fatality was from the Valley. I don't know all the details, but that is very unfortunate. I'm hoping things get better though, but I'm less worried.
Want some more happy news? Well, the 'High school dropout crisis' continues in U.S., study says - CNN.com This is a problem that I think many people over look. I focus more on high school grads not wanting to go to college, but dropouts, man they are just kids. Everyone needs an education.
I want to be bothered by this: Mormons Baptized Obama's Mother: CONFIRMED, but you have to believe that it is a possibility and that this is any different from doing any other make believe act. Hence, it doesn't bother me too much. I hope I get baptized for the church of the flying spaghetti monster after I pass away.
Why will this guy not just go away. Here is his latest, Joe the Plumber: I Would Never Let Gay People 'Anywhere Near My Children' I wonder if he knows most pedophiles are not homosexual and that generally a messed up and bigoted thing to say. He is such a great example of the Republicans I don't respect, but then again, I hear he is quitting the party because they are not right wing enough for him. Who is he?
truth be told, I miss you...truth be told I'm lying
No comments:
Post a Comment