Happy Cinco de Mayo! You would think this would be a big celebration day for me, but it never really has been. Maybe in college, but there was always a backlash since it isn't really a Mexican Holiday (other than in Puebla). We decided to throw a small BBQ, but Abram did most of the work.
I am learning some lessons about writing about everything that comes to mind, such as in sometimes conveying information that one person would rather keep private and making it public. I think this is rare, mainly because I go through the trouble of trying to not talk about things that would violate a person's privacy or what not. There are actually a lot of things I don't say that are on my mind. Sometimes you mess up and well you have to apologize. At least this time, it wasn't too big of a deal.
This past weekend there was a poker game that Rino invited me to. I've done very well there in the past, but this time I decided to pass and focus my time and taking care of things at home. Rino ended up doing very well and came in 3rd place. Man I miss playing poker and taking it seriously. It is my all or nothing attitude that holds me back, either I'm going to read every book I can and study and practice or I'll just take a hiatus. It shouldn't be like that, but usually when a game pops up, I jump at it, but this time I decided to pass. Next time, I'll be there.
When you live with other people, there will always be tension when it comes to the topic of cleaning. I am usually not the best when it comes to this topic. I'm very much about each person just taking care of their own situation, but that theory fails when it comes to common areas where you can't determine whose wear and tear is needing to be cleaned. The result is a less than ideally clean house. I also have trouble cleaning when I know I'm cleaning after someone else (even if a percentage is mine), so I have trouble just sucking it up and cleaning anyway, something I know should do. By God, I use paper plates and silverware just to not have to figure out which are my dirty dishes. (I have a nice set of silverware and plates I don't use.) I don't want to be accused of being the dirty one that doesn't clean up either because that is not the case. This is the background to Abram coming to me with his concerns that we really need to clean the house. My only solution was that I was willing to hire at my own cost a maid to come clean the entire house and then bring in a carpet cleaning guy to take care of all the pet stains (at a shared cost) so that we could start off from square one. At least this do over, can either help us figure out a workable plan or at the least be able to notice when there is a new stain on the carpet. I made the appropriate phone calls and got it all set up. So Wednesday I have a carpet cleaner coming and a maid coming in on Thursday. I hope it makes a difference and hope it shows that I'm willing to try and fix the problem even if means that I'm not a hands on type of guy.
Saturday I went to Walmart and purchased a new vacuum and a lot of cleaning supplies. I figured it would give the maid everything she might need to clean our house and well cleaning supplies are useful. We do have some, but it was just easier to buy what we needed rather than collect all our half used bottles and see what was actually usable.
Saturday night was the Pacquio Hatton fight. Man, it was a good one. Two action packed rounds and the knockout reminded me of why I used to really like boxing. I'm still an MMA fan, but you can like more than one thing.
Did you watch the Kentucky Derby? MINE THAT BIRD: Derby Winner On To Preakness
My friend Mark was there. I think he has been before. It must of been quite the experience.
My aunt/tia came out on CNN I'm told. Here is article: CDC confirms four new swine flu cases in Tarrant County Star-Telegram.com She is the one with the umbrella.
This past weekend was the wedding of a friend/old girlfriend of mine, I'm pretty sure. The pictures were pretty amazing, she looked great and very happy. Like I have said, she is one of those people that you are happy for and truly deserves happiness. She found a good Christian man. It was an outdoor wedding and from the pictures, it looked pretty amazing. It reminds me, I made my hotel reservation for Jon's Wedding. Hotel check, Tux check. I think I've got my ducks in a row. I won't be attending my cousin Adam's bachelor party, which I do regret, but there will be a lot of traveling. One of these days I'll get to go to one.
No comments:
Post a Comment