www.flickr.com

Thursday, May 21, 2009

El Cucuy

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he doesn't become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche

This has been one of those weeks where I have worked out and ran every day, yet it doesn't seem like it is making a difference. It isn't an easy routine to keep up with, but the results are what usually keep you going. I guess I just have to be patient, but eating right isn't very easy. It feels good to be able to run longer and lift more, but it has never felt good enough to never stop the routine after a few months. Exercise, not the most interesting topic.

I have been very busy at work. I've had an enjoyable, yet challenging time. I hope my hard work pays off. The industry has created a lot of news as of late. Keeping up with what has been going on has been time consuming.

I have been making plans for the Memorial Day Weekend. I don't have any vacation days, so this 3 day weekend is a big deal for me. I'll probably be going to Corpus to visit. I haven't been there in I don't know how long. I'm not quite sure what to do once I get there, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. It will be a good time to test my camera out as well. Now, what to do.


Do you know the Bogeyman? My whole life I think I have called him the "Boogieman." That is a big difference I think. Boogie is less scary I think, I mean, it sounds like a guy doing a dance to try and scare you. I think it is notable that the bogeyman has no specific appearance, and conceptions of this monster can vary drastically even from household to household within the same community; in many cases he simply has no set appearance in the mind of a child, but is just an amorphous embodiment of terror. Growing up we had el Cucuy. I found this in the wikipedia entry: Mexico - "El Coco", is portrayed as an evil monster that kidnaps the child that doesn't obey his parents and goes to sleep when is time to. Yet, in the Mexican-American community the creature is known as "El cucuy". Social sciences professor Manuel Medrano says popular legend describes El cucuy as a small humanoid with glowing red eyes that hides in closets or under the bed. I asked my grandmother about this and she confirmed that "El Coco" is used in Mexico, but doesn't know why I care since well they are imaginary monsters used to get kids to go to sleep or be good. Nevertheless, I think El Cucuy could eat both El Coco, the Bogeyman, hell even the Boogieman to boot.

"MISSING LINK" FOUND: New Fossil Links Humans, Lemurs?
Isn't Google great? I'm looking forward to the History Channel documentary on this, airing Monday I think. I can't wait to learn about this cat like creature. Oh Science, you are so interesting.

Did you know that Survey: Majority Of Latinas Pregnant By 20th Birthday ?
I did not know this. It makes sense why we are the fastest growing minority group then huh.

I also read today that Having Daughters Rather Than Sons Makes You More Liberal: Study
I would of thought it would be the opposite, being more conservative thinking you were in some way protecting your daughters from the real world. I know of a lot of examples where this is not the case though.


Adorable Ducklings Jump Into Man's Hands (VIDEO)

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

I've seen better video where you see all the ducklings jumping into his hands, but this was what I could find.

Supreme Court Nomination - A great video. I think my mom would like this nomination. Maybe we should just wait until he returns to fill the spot. WWJD.













Lets Load up on more Videos.

A Brief History Of Weed (VIDEO)
Ever wondered how marijuana got to America but were just too lazy to find out? Now all you have to do is click play to see the condensed history of cannabis brought to you by the Showtime dramedy "Weeds."

vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment