www.flickr.com

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Itinerary

We drop by the travel agent’s office after lunch, but some other students were there, so we decided to return later. We go to lunch and they serve Paeita (sp?). All I know is that is a Spanish dish that is very good. It is like yellow rice, chicken and ours had a mussel. After lunch, it was siesta, so I decided to get a good nap. After my nap, we go over to the travel agent and booked our trips. Our first trip is to Paris, France. We leave this Saturday and return on Tuesday. Then we attend class on Wednesday and Thursday, leaving early on Thursday so that we can fly to Rome. We will spend Thursday night in Rome, then take the train to Florence and spend Friday night there. Saturday we leave for Venice and then on Sunday we head back to Rome. We return on Monday. I have class from Tuesday – Thursday and my final on Friday. I might fit in one last trip that weekend, but I’ll be back in Miami on Tuesday. This trip has gone by fast. So that is the plan from here on out, but knowing that life is life, I don’t know if everything will go to plan.

The travel agent and online travel booking took a long time, so by the time I got home, it was late and I ate my chicken nuggets and chips for dinner. I called home and talked to my sister Ana, my Grandmother and my friend Rick. I then did my reading for class and looked at the magazines about Paris and Rome. I am a bit worried about not knowing French or Italian, but for the first time in my life, I won’t feel embarrassed for not knowing those languages as I do with Spanish. I won’t feel like people will expect me to know them.

Being this far way has made me think about the whole alone and lonely topic that is a reoccurring theme throughout my life. You don’t get more on your own than halfway across the world (where would I have to be to be fully across the world?) all on your own exploring unfamiliar places. It is weird, I guess I’m here alone, but considering I have friends here now, I don’t feel alone. Calling home makes me feel less lonely sometimes, but when I remember being in high school living at home, I don’t think I felt any less lonely. I guess the key is keeping busy and having good people around you.

This program reminds me the summer camps I attended when I was younger. I don’t think there was a camp that I did not enjoy. Even boys state, where we were all guys, I had fun exploring, making new friends and I think one day we ended up in a water park or something that was really fun. They are always great experiences and have been due to the cool people I have met. This is shown by the fact that I am still friends with people from those camps today. I guess all I have to look forward to like this is going to be business trips. I’m having lots of fun and hope that it continues.

It has come to the point where I need to do laundry. There is one place where you take your clothes, they weigh it and you get it back in a few days. The problem is that they are known to mess up your clothes. So I worry if I should risk it or try to wash them on my own. Yeah, hearing myself say wash them on my own makes me know that I’m just going to have to risk it.

Class on Thursday was not too eventful. I raised my and in class and talked about a case about this guy who had someone put up a message on aol saying he was selling shirts that promoted the OK city bombing and to call him at his home number. People would call him up calling him a fucker and giving him death threats, even though it was just some prank. The fucker ran a business so he couldn’t just change his number. What it really showed to me was what jerks people can be, meaning the people calling. What do you get out of threatening to kill him even if it was true. Oh yeah, so a radio picks it up and it gets much worse. Since I won’t be in class a lot from here on out, hopefully I’ve covered myself in class participation, but I’m sure I’ll still talk because I have problems keeping my mouth shut.

Comparative was exactly the same as every other class, so I don’t have much to talk about. I did play some good games of hangman during class. A owes X to B…yup that is my class in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment