www.flickr.com

Monday, June 30, 2008

How is Today Different?

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect had intended for us to forgo their use." -Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

Friday I got paid early instead of on Monday. It was a great surprise and very welcomed. It gave me a head start on paying bills. Sucks to see money leave as fast you get it, but at least I'm getting closer to meeting my obligations. Defaults not included, all I have left is student loans completely neglected...I'm going to start working on getting payments started on those. Just so many to track down it seems. Come 2009, I think I'll get to begin saving away.

Saturday morning I gave my broken treadmill away. Last I checked it was still working, so broken might not be the best description. It was to a nice couple with a cute child. They even sent me a very thankful email afterwards. It really made my day and once again I knew it was going to a good home.

Later in the day, I tried to help Rino out playing interference for Jess. Her brother was coming into town to surprise her. Rino's job was to keep her distracted and home. The brother was running late and Rino couldn't get in touch with him. Jess had been wanting to see a friend up north, so I felt bad for Rino telling her not to go but not really giving her a reason. She wasn't too happy about that. We all went to dinner and I had a good time trying a Long Island for the first time. Once we got back, Rino found out the brother wasn't going to come until Sunday, making the whole ordeal fruitless and no payoff for keeping Jess from hanging out with her friend. So is life I guess. I still give him points for good intentions. Surprises are hard to keep. We had a few drinks at home and hung out while I tried to convince them to come out with me.Sunday, it was all worth it when Jess saw her brother outside the window and went running outside very excited and happy. His plan worked out, just a day late. I don't think I've seen her that happy before.

So back to Marty Sunday. I woke up early having had a a dream about a girl from my past. I've been very good about not having those, but it is hard to control your mind while you sleep. Usually those types of dreams leave you with a really bad taste in your mouth, but this one left me with a really good feeling. I miss idealistic emotions, those not tempered by experience and lessons learned. I hadn't thought about her in a long time, and to be frank, didn't think of it much after getting up. Still, that was a good emotional state I woke up in.

Now that the treadmills were cleared out, it was time for me to get mine. I had been wheeling and dealing, but so far most of my offers just left people saying no thanks, I'd rather keep it. I did not let that get in my way, I wanted a good deal. I then had a cool idea. Some people are not good spellers. I did a search for "Threadmill" instead and found a few hits about a week to two weeks old. When I low balled one guy, I got a yes. I'm guessing he didn't get many offers because people didn't find it in the search. Rino and I went to pick it up. It was in brand new condition and I was almost worried it wouldn't work or was some sort of scam. When I got home, I plugged it in and it worked great. I guess that good karma paid off.

After running on the treadmill, I gave Max a walk in the burning hot sun. While I was walking, I met one of the neighbors. He asked me if I was missing Pomeranian dogs. I told him no and he showed me a puppy in his yard that he said had worms and that animal control was closed. He pointed to a vacant house and said two older Pomeranians were there. I took Max over and we met those adorable yapping dogs. I am not a fan of toy dogs. I kind of created this pack thing and as I walked Max home, the other two dogs followed me. I gave them food and water. When Jess saw them, she wanted to see the puppy, so we walked back to the neighbors home. His comment was, "Why are you bringing them back to me?" I told him we would take the puppy and take care of it until animal control could come get it in the morning. And that we did. I hear these dogs are worth a lot of money, and with no collars my guess was that they were part of some puppy mill type operation. They were in bad shape matted hair wise, but were pure bred. I kept them away from our dogs because I didn't know what they had. I've found a lot of stray, expensive dogs in my day.


I love this picture. I don't know why I hate those shoes so much.

-
you are missing out

No comments:

Post a Comment