www.flickr.com

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Social Network

"The sun has not caught me in bed in fifty years". - Thomas Jefferson


In my case, the sun routinely catches me in bed. I welcome it into bed with me and then roll over for some more sleep. I've also learned to cover the windows. What keeps me from being a morning person is the fact that I lack all desire to be up at 5am. 4am, yes, but only if I was up having fun since the night before. Today the Sun really caught me in bed.
Tuesday night I went downtown with Abram to check out a place he might work at. It was closed. We ended up getting some beers on 6th street. I got to talking to a bartender and she had this wide-eyed in over her head look. She tells me that it is her first day bartending there and I told her that you could tell. I don't think she liked that because she quickly retorted with how she was previously a bartender at Hooters. She said it like it was some sort of badge of honor, but I really wasn't too impressed. It was funny though and made for a more interesting night. She ended up being pretty cool. After, we met up with some of Abram's friends coming out of a concert at Stubbs and we had a drink at Cheers. After meeting these new people, I chatted up the guy bartender and found out the history of the bar. People have a lot to share if you just ask them. Too bad I had to wake up for work the next morning. I was on time.

I sold a treadmill. I actually lowered the price even more when they came to pick it up. The people didn't seem like they had a lot of money and for whatever reason the woman reminded me of my spanish speaking part of my family. It didn't fit in their van, so I just loaded it up into my truck and delivered it for them. I'm also glad to have it out of the garage. One broken treadmill to go. I'm pretty much giving that one away.


Wednesday night I hit the town again. Abram and I met up with some of his co-workers for food and drinks. It was a birthday celebration. The night was low key at this point, not too exciting. After we took off to the place were Abram is going to start working. That is where the night really got started. The place is pretty upscale and we had a few drinks there. I got to meet one of the co-owners. Then we met up with everyone at an outdoor bar. There was an 80s cover band and they rocked. I was in drunk heaven. A lot of craziness ensued, I even introduced one of the guys to a girl who ended up being all over him. At one point she kept bragging about her body and was very touchy feely. I was ok with it because I was drunk. I left them to be alone and she didn't seem to stay around too long. I was past my limit, but we hit up yet another bar...on a week night by the way... and I was so happy that I got a free drink from a good looking bartender. I was pretty social and met a lot more people than I usually do. I think I called a North African a Chicana at some point. I also said something mean to a girl who was really obnoxious and then just left it at that. I came home so drunk and passed out in the backyard with Max. Somehow that is becoming my trend when I've drank a lot. I did manage to get up and roll into bed. Well you guessed it, I totally slept in and was ridiculously late to work. Oh I paid for it. Good times.

Here are some cool motivational words.

"Trying to do everything right promotes an all-or-nothing attitude," says Martin Binks, a psychologist at the Duke Diet and Fitness Center in Durham, N.C. So if you can't do something perfectly (i.e., work out an hour a day), you don't do anything at all (i.e., watch TV instead). A better mindset: Believe that every little bit counts. "It's small changes that are most effective," Binks says.

George Carlin on Death - RIP


he is almost back

No comments:

Post a Comment