www.flickr.com

Monday, June 23, 2008

Make me Laugh

"Buy what thou hast no Need of and ere long thou shalt sell thy Necessaries." -Benjamin Franklin

Here is a funny story. So I was looking for a treadmill recently and purchased one for 100 bucks because I wanted to save money. It was a bad investment. It wasn't up to what I needed, so I had to get rid of it. It was a mistake on my part. I put it up for sale for 80 bucks to just get rid it out of the way and eat the loss as a lesson. I didn't get as many responses as I would like. One person offers me 50 bucks and I counter with 70 and never hear from them again. Then I remember how I had learned in business that if you have a free seminar, no one will show up, but if you charge a fee, then you get a lot more people. So instead I increased the price of my treadmill to 100 bucks (the break even number) and I got more responses. The first one offered me 75 cash. To my surprise, it was the very same person who had offered me 50 and rejected my offer of 70. I wrote them back and accepted their offer, but lowered the price to 70 because I felt that it was the right thing to do. 5 bucks isn't work a person feeling like they got a bad deal and well I am a man of my word. Funny how negotiations work out.

Comedian George Carlin Dead at 71

"It is never just a game when you are winning." - George Carlin

Here are the Seven Words



Voting



Sunday I had drinks with a friend of mine I hadn't seen in some time. I really needed a drink and she can be pretty fun. Some of her stories really cement the idea that once a person is attracted to another person, they will justify to themselves all kinds of crap. It is a harsh way of putting it, but when you hear about how someone who has multiple kids with different women, lives at home, cheats, is rude and those types of things yet still gets picked over the single wuss guy trying to buy affection with forgivness, flowers and gifts. I found myself rooting for the scumbag too. I used to think this was just a flaw on the part of the woman, but the more I see it, the more I know it just means that once you have fallen for someone, all the stuff society tells you is important doesn't really matter and you'll put up with a lot more than what you would tell your friend you would put up with. Usually you can trust another person not to put in that type of position. I have no sympathy for the wuss because his actions just push her more toward the other guy. I've also stopped giving advice to people who tell me these types of stories, I just listen now unphased. Just because it is common doesn't mean a person shouldn't have self respect and get out of the situation even though they still lust to be in it. People are not logical as much as they are emotional when it comes to relationships. Probably explains why they do such crazy things. What I take from it, is that even though this bullshit exists, you need to be careful and watch yourself so you don't let it happen to you. Everyone will say they won't accept crap, but when it happens, there they are. There are too many quality people out there that there is no reason to make yourself one of those irrational fools that lets their self esteem fall by the way side. Accept it happens and know it can only continue to happen if you let. If you choose to ride, don't complain I think. Sometimes you are the scumbag, but you lie to yourself too while making selfish decisions.


give people a chance

No comments:

Post a Comment