I spent the weekend watching a lot of Tim Russert passing news and just his friends discussing and celebrating his life. There is so much out there that nothing more needs to be said, but what I will say is that I have watched Meet the Press (and will continue to watch) every Sunday for years. I will admit I Tivo it since I like to sleep in, but I never missed it. Pretty amazing man I think and all I knew were the years I watched him on TV. He did a great job of educating the public.
Friday night, Rino, Jess and I went to Abram's bar to have some drinks. It was cool to see where he worked and the beer was my favorite. We ran into Abram's old roommate and chatted with him for a while. After Abram got out, we met up with him upstairs and drank with him. It is very low key compared to other bars in San Marcos.
Saturday, Adam and Kirby were in town. They were camping south of us with a huge group of friends. After tubing on the river for the day, Rino and I met up with them in Greene. We had dinner at a place that had the best ribs. It was cool and we learned to think twice before lending a person your cell phone. I am definitely going back. I'm always impressed with how well Adam and Kirby get along. I guess that is why they are getting married.
Here is a video on why my mom votes Republican. (just kidding) It's funny, but a bit smug.
Time's cover this week was titled, Our Super-sized Kids. Here is one of the articles How America's Children Packed On the Pounds "In 1985 there were only eight states in which more than 10% of the adult population was obese. By 2006, there were no states left in which the obesity rates were that low, and in 23 states, the number exceeded 25%."
I made a bad investment on Tuesday. I won't get into it, but sometimes trying to save money costs you money. Guess extremes on either end are a bad idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment