The Celtics are up 2-1 in the NBA Finals. Looks like this might not wind up as soon as I had thought. Too bad all we have left is after is summer baseball and nothing until the fall. I don't even watch baseball until October. I'll miss you sports. Well I guess the Olympics might be entertaining.
I got the new new Weezer CD. They always feel a bit too short. I'll probably have to listen to it a few times more to see which songs really click with me. You'd think I'd be more excited considering how this is my favorite band, but I'm not really. I need to start adding songs to my ipod to get ready for ACL.
Monday I was one of those people waiting to hear about the new iphone. I'm excited about the new price since I have no business thinking of getting one. Considering my ipod is part of my daily routine, I'm excited to see how much it will get used when I pick one of those up. I can't afford one right now, but when I can, you can bet I'll be in line. I'll also be getting a new phone number, but since mine is always changing, it won't be so bad. Plus, it is always nice to do a purge of contacts. Better make calls I can now with my old number.
Tuesday I went to HEB to get some lunch and pick up some frozen meals. There were so many kids there. But walk around kids, not the usual kind. It is definitely summer. The thing that sucks is that after putting the meals in the freezer at work and then taking them home, I left them locked in my hot truck. Can you refreeze a frozen dinner? I don't think so, but I'm trying. It was just too much to try to eat in one night.
I saw Jumper on Tuesday night. It was a good movie, well the action was great, but I do wish there was some sort of backstory to why they are trying to kill each other. You get this vauge explaination. I'm sure my questions will be answered in part 2.
I found this video in an article I read this morning. I'm unsure what drove this employee to a meltdown worthy of Office Space, but we are sure his co-workers didn't feel it justified having their cubicles destroyed. Here is the destructive worker and his reign of destruction.
Someone, most likely a security guard, eventually tased the man to end the situation. If only you could hear him say, "Don't tase me Bro."
If you are in the cubicle mood: Can you top this crazy cubicle? Check out these creative cubicles.
There is a feeling I really hate and it is an internal feeling that I create. It is the feeling of helplessness. Sometimes you just want to be everything to everyone and when you can't do it, you feel helpless. You hear someone's problem and you just want to solve it for them. For example, the other day I heard a story about someone treating my father in a way I didn't like, a way that made me angry and want to drive home and do some enforcing. I felt helpless knowing that I couldn't go down and kick that guy's ass and I'm here able to do nothing. Instead, I need to accept that it is his life and that he has gotten this far on his own and there is no need to feel helpless. It brought to mind how I feel about my nieces, my grandmother, my family in general I guess, even some good friends. You can't stress over things you can't control.
So Abram is going to see the Red Bull X-Fighters in Ft. Worth this Saturday. Here are their highlights.
I'm taking control of it
No comments:
Post a Comment