Erika was having a toothache this week. She went to the doctor and found out it was her wisdom teeth. Today she is getting them removed. Surgery is never fun, but at least this should take care of the pain in the long run. She took the procedure as soon as possible so that she would get to visit me next week. That really meant a lot to me. That type of thinking and consideration is something that really makes her wonderful. She shouldn't be talking much, so we are relying on text messages and a system we created on the phone where we talk and she replys with yes and no with beeps. It is kind of funny, but really cute. Though I'm sure considering the pain she is in, she probably isn't as concerned with the cuteness of it. I hope she starts to feel better really soon.
Today is the end of my first month with Sprint. I have to say, so far I am happy with my decision. I think I've gotten over the issue of not having rollover minutes. Can't beat this for $30 bucks (well about 40 after addons etc.).
So here are my Sprint stats for the month.
500 mins in plan - used 89 (a lot to spare).
Unlimited Sprint to Sprint - used 1985 (here is where it really paid off).
7pm Night and weekends non sprint - 103 (sprint to sprint covered most of these.)
300 text messages - 223 used (ok I'm pushing this, but so far so good)
Unlimited data - beats me (I can watch TV on my phone. )
My shins are killing me. I have no real reason to complain, and it is my fault, but I didn't expect them to hurt this much. I thought my legs would hurt from jogging, but instead it is my feet and shins. I can't let this hold me back and I need to work through it. It makes waking up in the morning a little harder. I have a lot more hurting to go through, but I needed to complain to someone. Soon I'll start putting stars on my calendar.
So it is getting cold. This means that our heater is starting to run and it is going to dry all the air in my room. This gives me very dry skin that I combat with a humidifier. I haven't broken it out yet, but I think it is coming. I never worry about my skin until this time of year. This is usually an issue you don't worry about much being a guy, but it is something I have to worry about at this time of year. It is kind of funny, but what really helps is using this clinque moisturizer that costs a lot. I never thought I'd ever use a brand name in talking about skin products. So I have none and I looked up the price to remind myself, and man that stuff is expensive. I need to get ahold of that product on the cheap.
The other day I was talking to Mark and I told him that I had been thinking and I figured out that poker would not solve all my problems. No matter how well I did on any given night playing poker, if I win, all my problems would still be there. If I lose, well I'll just have one extra problem to add. He responded that the Sunday Million tournament could possibly solve all my problems. True, there is a a number that would make me so happy that I wouldn't worry about a lot of things. The problem is that number is too high and not the stakes I'm playing for right now. So this morning, it is really funny, I wake up and Mark tells me that he won a tournament last night and it was true, it didn't solve all his homework problems. He had been playing for a while when I went to bed. It just reinforced the idea that I can't hide from my other obligations by hiding in playing poker. Though poker is going well, it doesn't justify not doing other important things, i.e. filling out my bar exam application. See, I think procrastinators carry a lot of guilt with them and they want to feel like they are doing something important to justify putting off something they don't want to do, so you do other things you feel are somewhat important. At least something positive will come out of this. You clean, you organize, you do something to justify why things are not getting done.
does anyone use instant messenger?
No comments:
Post a Comment