www.flickr.com

Monday, October 23, 2006

Library of Congress

"I'm Irish. I can live with something being wrong for the rest of my life." - The Departed


Not an upbeat quote I know, but it's my plug for the movie The Departed. I thought it was a very good movie. I didn't expect it to be that good and didn't even plan on seeing it. After hearing good reviews, I decided to give it a shot and was very impressed. I don't know how I feel about the ending.



So I had a frozen lunch today, which is part of my plan on eating better. Not very filling but it at least serves its purpose. For class today we had a field trip. I parked at school and jumped on the metro to the Library of Congress - Manuscript division.


A guy sat down next to me and like many in the metro was reading a book. It was by Paulo Coelho. I asked him if it was the Alchemist and he told me was a newer book and that it was worth reading. I need to start up a list of to read books for when I'm done with law school.
I also picked up an Express paper as I walked in. It brought back memories of working in DC and riding the metro each morning. I would pick up a paper and read this bite sized news. It was also the first time I have read Pooch Cafe in the paper. I think I like reading online better. Right now I'm reading small stakes poker.


The Library was somewhat overwhelming. It reminded me of 2nd grade. We would all get in line and walk to the Edinburg Public Library. While we were there we would be told about all the things you could do there and how the cataloges worked. All I could think then was wow this is a lot and don't know when I'm every going to need to come here. That proved true. Today, I felt that same type of feeling. This time at least I understood more. I got to see George Washington's diary (very non-blog like) and other interesting letters and documents. After, I got a ride from another student back to school which was really nice of him.

I'm trying out an electic shaver. I got one for my birthday when I was young (16 I think) and I loved it. I didn't need it much then, but used it all the time. I don't know what happened to it when I went to college. In college I changed to a razor. After college I tried a different electric razor and it sucked so I went back to razors. Now I'm trying one similar to the one I had when I was younger. It takes a few weeks before your skin is used to it, but I'm hoping the shaver I'm using works out. So far I'm liking it. It isn't as close as I would want, but it is pretty decent. The older one I never use because it just didnt' work well for me. It is good, so I'm thinking of giving to my brother or father. Maybe even Jon Andrew, but I doubt he shaves yet.

Tomorrow is Koki and Mia's vet followup appointment. I'm not looking forward to this, but it will be nice to have it out of the way. Let's hope that they don't find anything wrong with them. I took Koki for a walk on Friday. She ran outside, so I got her and put on her harness. She loved it out there, but it was cold and I was cold, so I brought her back in after not too long. I feel like I worry too much about taking that part of their life away from them, but I also know that if they were outdoors they would probably be hit by a car, bitten by a dog or catch some sort of disease. This would happen, it would just be a matter of time. That is why I wonder about what would happen to them if something happened to me. I don't know who would take care of them. They got about 10 good years God willing, so they would be a be undertaking. They could live with my Dad, but they would be outdoors and the neighborhood dogs would hurt them. My brother has a dog already and he will probably be moving a lot. My sister Eliza already has a cat, my mom, well she might not think its very important that the cats never go out. The fact is that no one in the world can ever care for them as much I as care for them. I mean I have had Koki since she was a small kitten. Knowing that, it is impossible to think of where I would want them to be. Maybe it is too much thinking, and yeah they are not kids or anything, but the idea of being treated as a burden, like step children, not given attention or taken care of well.

ok......-i'm working on it-

No comments:

Post a Comment