I'm all over the map on topics, but I don't think I could just pick one topic (journal, thoughts, politics, TV) and just write about that. Sometimes I really jump around, but I think that is how people are. You would think my quotes would have some connection to my entries, and at times they do, others, well they are just something I read and I liked.
Oh the interesting work life. I actually like what I do. If I could get paid to write briefs and research/learn new things about the law I think I'd be fulfilled. I guess now it is about doing it well. I'm still think I'm an hourly type of guy, don't think the contingency aspect would fit me well yet, but I hope to done day take my leap to that. I get ahead of myself but I'm very lucky to be in the spot I'm currently in. I just like the thrill of there being winning and losing. You have a way to gauge if you are doing a good job.
Here is my MySpace dilemma. Sometimes I get a comment or message from a friend that I haven't talked to in a long time, but then when I check it, it happens to be spam that I know they didn't mean to send, but that their account was hijacked to the point where it sent out this comment to all their friends which is just a link to probably spread this virus type links or program. You know what I'm talking about. My concern is that I just delete the comment and don't bother to inform the person that their account is sending out these messages. I just assume someone else will tell them. I worry that if my account did that, that no one would tell me because they would just assume someone else would. Someone please tell me if that were the case. I hate spam even more than my dislike for forwards. Do you know they have text message forwards now? Yup, everything has gone mobile.
I don't know why I think about this but my name is Martin. The thing is that everyone knows me as Marty and I introduce myself as Marty 90% of the time. In Spanish I go by Martín and never Marty. In the business world I usually go by Martin. To be honest, when I hear Martin it takes me a bit to figure it is me, but when I hear Marty my head turns. So I thought, I'm confident enough with Marty to just make that my business name, but then I feel like it isn't professional enough. Sounds like the nickname that it is. Yeah, now that I've thought about it, I'll stick with Martin and just see where the cards fall because I'm sure I'll be known as Marty as time goes on. I once dealt with a lawyer who went by Marty and well it didn't sound right to me. Do you know a person's name is their favorite word? They respond to it very quickly and usually with delight. I think picking a name for you kids is a very important thing. Though I could see some of my ideas like "Shire," "My Lord" and "Your Honor" backfiring.
Darn that Martian Cat Problem and always beating me to the punch with awesome topics. I will treat them like my AP and just use their stuff for my own. (Hope I'm not violating the © at the bottom of the page.) His claim, Best Sequel Ever is so very true.
Below is the trailer for Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay staring Harold, Kumar, and, of course, Neil Patrick Harris as Neil Patrick Harris. (Watch HIMYM!) I was the biggest fan of the first movie, mainly for how smart it was, yet have still to try white castle. I mean how can you make two guys riding a cheetah not only make sense, but be completely awesome.
I can tell you this from personal experience, Mark's warning is very fitting, "Due to adult language and content this video is Not Safe For Work (or Mom)."
when i read the martian cat problem i feel like i'm not worthy enough to blog. they're just so eloquent! i hate them. i actually never wanted to watch the harold & kumar movie cuz i thought it looked stupid but actually the trailer does look really funny. now i want to watch the first one. by the way, i watch HIMYM regularly now. did you watch slapsgiving? lol, it was funny! by the way, do you think it would be weird to link martian cat problem on my blog site even though i don't know them? i read it regularly so i feel like i should but i don't know them. the one about nature made me think of into the wild. anyways, serious business cards are cool, i had them too @ bloomies but it was like pity business cards and i knew it. talk to ya later
ReplyDeleteI can't speak for the MCP, but my thought is that they really wouldn't mind. Isn't the point of having a blog exposure? I read them daily too and I understand the feeling, but then again to be fair they have THREE authors and only update once every two weeks, so that give them time be more "eloquent." That and the fact they are very smart fucks. (can you say fucks and mean it in a good way?)
ReplyDeletePity cards, that is the word I was looking for.
Slapsgiving was great, I could probably write a blog entry about each episode. I just saw a rerun about Marshall's car, the tape being stuck thing was so funny.
I totally recommend harold & kumar go to white castle.
It always seems like you write so late, but I always forget the time difference.