This was quite a weekend to say the least. There is so much to explain and talk about, yet I really don't have the words for it at the moment. I've had to do a lot of thinking. There are so many things going around in my head I worry that I'm just going to over think it. I think I'll just take things day by day and wait until a later time to see where I'm at. Sometimes you just need someone to talk to and even a blog isn't much solace.
Glow In The Dark Cats: I saw this on the news on Friday (though I was forewarned to keep an eye out for it). I think I could go for one of these cats. Doesn't seem to be a very good hunting adaptation. Part of me is like cool, the other part is, hey we don't need to be playing Island of Dr. Moreau with animals. Change genetics to help find cures, go for it, to make cats glow, albeit neat, just something I feel uneasy about. Seriously, my cats are still cooler than those glowing ones.
I'm at Chapter 9 of Atonement, and so far I'm intrigued. Angie gave me shit for reading a Romance Novel. I never saw it that way. I don't know how much I like it yet, but the characters I can really identify with. I'm trying not to read about the movie so that I don't ruin anything. What sucks about audiobooks is that you can't look back on that passage from earlier to fully understand what is happening now. You know, like when you read a part and don't really pay attention and later it becomes very important. I have about 9 hours to go, but I'm too deep in to justify buying the book now. I think if people recommend books, they should also hand you a copy.
Friday I had that Divorce Basics Seminar I had mentioned. It was very informative, but I felt almost guilty for not volunteering. I have to tell you, most of the people there were women. Are women just more prone to volunteering and wanting to help people? I really would not mind volunteering a year from now when I feel like I know what I'm doing, but right now I feel like I have a lot of learning to do. I did learn a lot and hopefully we will be able to use those skills helping people with family law issues. No matter what I end up doing, I want to be versed in Family Law.
I got to visit with my cousin Rino and I think I was able to really get a handle on where I'm at by just talking about how things have been going. It is cool having family near by, but I really need to be more proactive in expanding my social circle. I don't have a problem making new friends, it is just the maintaining these friendships with larger circles when you don't commonly see each other (like college) makes it a much larger task. Hence, I focus my effort on a few valuable friends instead. I think there is a balance though and I'm still too much on the few people I value and need to move more towards expanding my social circle.
Jessica Simpson Cheers Quarterback Boyfriend To Worst Game Of Career : Booo Cowboys!I just saw the movie I am Legend. After seeing the previews, I really wanted to see this movie. It looked really good and I was truly sold from those previews of him aiming to shoot the deer and the part with the dog on the treadmill. Well those previews were the first few minutes of the movie and the highlight for me. Other than that, it wasn't too great and there wasn't much more of what I was looking for. I'm not saying it was a bad movie, but just another zombie movie that was ok. The dog was awesome. For whatever reason, it reminded me of Signs, hard to explain, but I felt like I went in expecting one thing and got another.
This weekend I went to see the Austin Trail of Lights. It was very cold, but very worth it. It so far is the highlight of my holidays. I highly recommend it. Too bad I get dizzy spinning.
I hear Billo claims he won the "imaginary" War on Christmas. I kind of ignored that issue, but recently I had heard some people in real life complaining about "Happy Holidays" signs and the general where is the "Merry Christmas." What I don't get is why Christians who truly feel there is a war on Christmas, don't notice and fight the fact that Christmas itself in its current tradition IS THE WAR on Christmas. Happy Birthday Christ, so we are going to celebrate with pagan Christmas Trees, lights, decorations, Santa, snowmen and so many things NON-Jesus. How much about Christmas is truly about Christ and how much about Santa, jingle bells, presents and the traditions we all have come to celebrate and enjoy. (Presents shouldn't even come until 3 Kings Day in January, but that would be too logical.) So to truly fight for the true meaning of Christmas, you have to attack all non-Jesus Christmas celebrations and at that point, then all of America and its traditions is a war on Christmas. This just underlines the fact that this is such a ridiculous allegation. So, Billo and Co. leave my Savior's birthday alone. And this is ignoring the fact that there are other holidays going on and the rest of the very logical arguments on how wasteful this is.
I'm really looking forward to going home for these Christmas Holidays. Each year I don't know what to expect, but there is nothing like the homey feeling and the feeling of celebration. I won't really be buying presents this year, but I know I'll make up for it in the years to come. I don't have set plans yet, I don't know if I'll stay or come back, but I have a feeling I'll know what is best.
No comments:
Post a Comment