"Think about a fruit. When you squeeze an orange, what do you get? you get orange juice. you don't get grapefruit juice, you don't get apple juice, you don't get milk. you get orange juice. every time. people are like that. they can only give you what they have inside." - unknown
It is not Nov. 2nd, but I decided to take advantage of early vote. I fulfilled my civic duty and voted today! I had to wait in line for a good hour, but I can only imagine how long it is going to be on Nov. 2nd. Hopefully my vote will get to count. Of course I voted for John Kerry and for Betty Castor. I can not believe what a terrible negative campaign Mel Martinez ran. I thought of voting for him for almost a second, and then I saw what he stood for, his techniques to try to win and I knew Betty Castor was the choice for me. The rest of the ticket I'll spare ya from. As Jon Stewart said, let the fiasco begin. I'm really tired of all this, I just want it to be over. Hopefully we won't have to go past Nov. 3rd again. There were all kinds of people who showed up to vote. Young, old, rich, poor. One woman told me she doesn't vote, but she was going to vote today.
On the educational front, I don't have much to say. Still have that writing final exam on Friday, which I'm trying to get excited about. I went over my Writing mid-term, and I ended up getting two more right (appeals), which is awesome, and moved my score up much higher. Too bad of all my mid-terms, this one counts the least. Tomorrow night will be intense.
I'm watching game 4 of the World Series as I type. I've been instructed not to talk about it, so I'll keep my comments to myself, but I'm sure everyone is keeping up. I am pretty nervous right now.
Halloween is coming up and I don't know exactly what I am doing yet. I also don't know what I will dress up as. I'm still thinking I'm going to try the weatherman thing, but I don't know where to get a weatherman microphone. Then I can interview everyone about the lack of hurricanes. Mean Girls had a funny take on Halloween, I wonder if that take will be more prevalent in Miami.
I haven't really put much thought into my winter break yet. I need to start planning. I know I want to go home to Texas, but I need to figure out if I'm going to go on a cruise, if I'm going to visit Mexico (like Monterey or something) and pet care for Koki and Mia. I'm sure prices will start going up, but I just don't know what dates to pick yet. I haven't been home since July. I'm so glad I'm away from the cold of the northeast.
Have I mentioned that my health insurance runs out when I turn 25. I am kind of worried about that. I have yet to make an appointment with a doctor. I keep putting it off. I'm writing about this so that I can keep it higher on my to do list.
I think I'm at the point where I view my apartment as home now. I don't yet view Miami as home yet, but that is going to take more time since I don't go out as much as I should. I think a few weekends at the beach and a visit downtown will help out a lot. I'll probably wait for friends to visit to go out and get a good tour of the city. I didn't do a good job when Herbert came because I was so stressed with my move, my storage, starting law school, living in a hotel, my cat, and just personal stuff, so I next person I have come visit, I'll work extra hard for them to enjoy themselves.
still on my mind
No comments:
Post a Comment