www.flickr.com

Saturday, October 09, 2004

What is Spading?

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Charles Darwin



Two days counting today until those midterms. I'm working hard, but we all know not hard enough. I'm taking a break right now to write because I put in a lot of work. I'm not even a 4th done, but what can ya do. (I guess study.)

Here are my topics:

Fat cat - Everyone who meets Koki calls her a fat cat. I thought it was just Herbert, but I've actually heard it a lot now. I don't think she is fat, but in comparison to Mia she is I guess. I do feed her quite a bit, but it seems to make her happy. Does anyone have any ideas on feeding schedules for cats? I usually just feed her once in the morning and hope that she can make her own decisions on how much to eat and how often. I refill her food more now because of Mia and having two cats eating. I don't think she is fat I want it known, but soon I'm gonna figure out a plan to get her back in athlete shape. I figure that playing with Mia will help her be more active.

Sick Cat - Koki has been sick. She has been sick before, but never like where I was sure she was sick sick. Now she is real sick. She looks like crap and I have to keep cleaning out one of her eyes. Interestingly, Mia has this about a week ago and I didn't think much of it because I just thought that she might have a bad and puss-y eye. I'm glad to know she doesn't, but at the expense of Koki now being sick. She sneezes and threw up on my carpet this morning. She looks a lot better than yesterday and I figure since Mia beat it, she can, but if this keeps up, I'm taking her to the vet on Weds. I need to take her to vet soon anyway for a general checkup. I wish I knew the name of the first vet I took her to was. I need the records.


Call Me - I put my phone on vibrate to ring so that I can answer or turn it off before it rings, and still be able to hear it if the phone is a way from me. (In class etc I have it on silent.) Well I have this weird thing where I think it is vibrating but it is not. I check it and nothing. I somehow mentioned it to a classmate and he told me he suffered from the same thing. I'm glad I am not alone in this. My theories are that any grumbling of my body I think might be the phone, that having a phone in your pocket numbs the area it is touching (like the nerves) so that you are not as sensitive or don't pay a attention, so my brain makes shit up and finally that I probably just want people to call me, so its just wishful thinking. The funny part is that when it is vibrating, I don't have any question my phone is ringing, so I should just use that as a standard.

Laptop - I got my new laptop in. Dell 700m. It is much smaller than my 600m, but very cool looking. I am sending in the 600m to get fixed for a minor problem and I needed something for school. I can return it within 21 days or keep the 700m and sell the 600m to Herbert at a good deal. Herbert is in need of a good laptop and mine is pretty new. Here are the benefits of the 700m, a smaller screen and more compact. Widescreen and larger harddrive. Portability, can take anywhere. Cons: less battery life, smaller screen, smaller keys, I already own all the accessories for the 600m (docking station with stand, case, etc.) The 700m doesn't have a port replicating docking station, so I'll have to buy a usb docking station that won't have the monitor stand. I really love that docking station. Plus the price I would sell herbert the laptop wouldn't include the docking station because it is pretty expensive, so it might not be worth it for him. there is no leather case for the 700m, which sucks too, but anyone would do really.It may sound like the cons outweigh the pros, but it is small and really cool. I figure I'll use it for the next two weeks until mine gets back and I'll know for sure then.


Music - I have been listening to this band "Oreja de Van Gogh," they are very good. Reminds me of Shakira mixed with No Doubt. I might get to see them in concert soon, which would be really really cool. Listen to them if you get a chance, they are in spanish, so I don't know everything they are saying.


Doctor Marty - I have this problem with self prescribing medical drugs. I've always tended to do this, and later I go to the doctor and then end up prescribing that anyway. (terrible justifciation) Well I decided to try that again, hopefully it goes well. Don't worry it's nothing crazy, I mean an example is I used to self prescribe claritin and now its available without a prescription.


Too late - If you didn't register to vote, just know that I respect your right not to vote, but unless you did it with intent, I'm still disappointed in you. No matter how you vote, you should at least care to register. And if you are going to be part of that 50% that registered and doesn't vote, know that I'll be disappointed in you too. Give a shit man, its the least you can do. Brings up the interesting question...should stupid people get to vote? I think poor people need to vote, but stupid and racist people get the same vote I get, maybe it is better if they don't vote, but I guess I will always stand up for their right to vote. If only we could get a law passed letting people in PR vote for our President, since he is theirs too, and while I'm asking for shit, why not voting machines that stupid people can run that have are easy to understand and have a paper audit trail. And a donut, I could go for a donut.


Spin - I think we need more Nader talking heads on the news. It would probably hurt Kerry, but I'm tired of republican and democrat talking heads, some Nader views could at least help us out in at least knowing there are other options in the future...though now I agree you have to vote against this dangerous path we are on. Everytime I see a talking head, I just change the channel...man the bullshit they are pandering is unbelivable.

Chicken Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment