www.flickr.com

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Independent

"When love beckons to you follow him, Though his ways are hard and steep. And when his wings enfold you yield to him, Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you. And when he speaks to you believe in him, Though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays waste the garden. For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning. "- Kahlil Gibran


The numbers are out:

Dade County:
Number of total registered voters: 1,043,000
Registered Democrats: 448,105
Registered Republicans: 363,027

Broward County:
Total registered voters 1,035,733
Registered Democrats: 523,755
Registered Republicans: 279,183

Palm Beach County:
Total registered voters 705,020
Registered Democrats: 317,881
Registered Republicans: 228,119


This seems like good information...let just hope people show up to vote. Btw, I am registered in Dade County as an independent. You probably have to do some math to see those numbers.

Today I had another fun discussion about the vp debate and the administration. Pretty much the argument I was hearing was that it was Gore's fault for dividing the country and now Kerry is making it worse. How can people be so divorced from reality? Look at me using talking points.

So as I mentioned in the past, I got a ticket. I pretty much just paid it because I don't have a Florida license so I don't have to worry about points and that stuff. Well ever since I put the letter in the mail, I have been uninitiated with letters from lawyers willing to fight my ticket for me for 60 bucks (50 dollar savings from 115 I paid), but that is plus court costs which last time were 30 bucks, so its like a 20 dollar savings at best, if I win. I guess the point is moot since I have paid it already. It is kind of scary how your name can quickly become public record. Some of the lawyers sending me letter graduated from St. Thomas...that makes me feel wonderful about my future legal opportunities...Fighting speeding tickets, yay.

I have 4 days until my exams, so I figure 1 day and exam and that's the best I can do. So I'm gonna buckle down and just get working and you will get to hear all about it.

Boston

No comments:

Post a Comment