"Invest your time wisely and choose your friends accordingly...for life will become stagnant if you surround yourself with those who sincerely can offer nothing but just a way to pass the time..." -fri
Sometimes people sleep when they are depressed. I guess I enjoy sleep so much, that I sleep when I am very happy too. Sometimes you feel so good when you go to bed you don't want to wake up because you don't want that feeling to end. You know that waking up will mean going back to a life where you might not be as happy. It is hard to explain.
Thursday night after and I mourned the Astros loss, I went with Fed to a Spring L get together at his friend's apartment. I only hung out there for about an hour or two, but this girl had the nicest one bedroom apartment I've ever seen. I wish I had money. I talked about politics with some people and we went through the usual arguments and responses. I find it interesting how when some people argue, they love to say certain things with confidence, but when you know it is wrong or misstated, and you call them on it, it really irks them. If you let them go on, they act as if what they are telling you is truth. That is how rumors get started I bet. I met some pretty cool people and one guy who called me on my arguments with some pretty good ones. I didn't agree, but I didn't have facts to dispute his facts, nor did I have any proof his facts were off. It's good to talk to people like that because they really keep you sharp. After, everyone went to Coconut Grove, a place I have yet to go to, but I had class in the morning, so I just came home and watched the 1am Daily Show.
Friday, I went to class and took a Property quiz. It was 20 questions on future estates after 1536 and I thought I did very good at first, but I ended up missing 5. It was the last 5 that I missed, but the problem was that I got one wrong, which subsequently made the rest wrong too, because I based them off of that one. Thank goodness it wasn't for a grade. After property, I went to my writing class and found out about a summer semester in Spain. If I am still in law school this summer, I'm definitely going to Spain. I never got to study abroad in college, so this would be such a great experience. I'd like to go to Europe again and this time with the motivation of seeing Europe. I find out in class that I have my final exam in legal writing this coming Friday. I will probably need to study pretty hard for this because I haven't touched my bluebook since my midterm exam. Luckily I'm determined to get back in study mode.
After class, I came home intending to go back to school for a Hispanic group kegger from 4-6, but once I got home, it's always hard to go back to campus. When I got home, my new 600m laptop had come in. I spent a lot of time playing with my laptop and moving over a lot of files and programs. I still have a lot more stuff to do to set it up, but it is getting there. Now I can mail back the 700m, which I'll probably do Monday or Tuesday. I think I might give up on my old 600m. Angie came over after work and we watched the DVD Mean Girls. I think Tina Fey did a great job on the screen play for the movie. There were some great lines from that movie. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. After the movie, we practiced a little taboo and I showed her how to play Outburst. I also got to show off Rick's mp3s as if they were my own. I need to start listening to my mp3s more.
Saturday I woke up really late and watched a little college football. That evening, Angie arranged a Taboo BBQ party at her friend Guillermo's house so we could test out her new electronic game. I picked Angie up and then we went over to Guillermo 's house. He is a pretty cool guy and has a very nice place, I hope to have a place like that one day. When I got there, I met her friend "Fuzzy." I am actually a loss for his real name right now. We all went to Publix (like Safeway) to get the food. It reminded me that I really need to get groceries. Angie of course picked healthy chicken and organic salad, but we still managed to get steak and hamburgers. As they cooked, I watched the FSU game on TV. They barely pulled it out against Wake Forest. I also saw the end of the Alabama Tennesse game. All of us, Angie's friend Bruno, his girlfriend Diana, Vania, Ada, and her friend Pablo played electronic taboo. It was boys against girls, but we had one more person so we ended up winning. (you know and we were the boys.)
Later we played a game with cups, but it was pretty much sharades. It was a lot of fun, but I guess the guys technically lost because we missed one. After, I guess it was cause of me, but we ended up watching the World Series game 1 on his awesome big screen TV. It had a function where you could pause and rewind live tv. I've heard of it, but never played with it, I wish I had that. Only the Red Sox can blow an early 5 point lead, but at least they pulled the game out. 3 more wins to go. After, we were going to go to a John Kerry party Angie's John Kerry friends were throwing, but we ended up just calling it a night since it was late. Spending a Saturday with a group of friends, even though they were not mine, and having a BBQ was very nice. I wish I had my close friends around to hang out with.
I found out that a friend of mine just started a blogger. I don't know if she will keep it up, but it always makes me happy when more people write. I think it's good for the writer and good for their friends. I remember when Monica started her website back in college, I was so proud of her. You know, sometimes I wonder if I say things that make people think I'm a dumbass or share too much information, or say something that might offend someone, but I figure, if I look like an idiot, it is probably because I am one, so why hide it. Yeah thats not true, because I do try to hide it. Personal note for Marty, saw Reindeer Games, yeah it wasn't that good, but at least you won't be wondering what it was about.
Today Mia made some great strides in trusting me. I woke up and she was sleeping in her bed (well it belongs to her and Koki) and she didn't run away when I petted her. Then at night, she was laying on my desk/table with Koki and she let me pet her again. She is still scared, but slowly she is getting less scared and trusting me more and more. We still have a lot of work to do, but I'm starting to feel better about it.
message check
No comments:
Post a Comment