"Be couteous to all but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence, true friendship is a plant of slow growth and must withstant the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to its true appellation." - George Washington
Done. All I can say is that I studied as hard as I could for 5 straight days, doing nothing but learning these four classes. I probably committed more stuff to memory in these last days than I have in a very long time. I'm not exaggerating on how much or hard I studied, I am pretty impressed myself. I can almost tell you any rule of civil procedure by number starting with 1.
I could have failed all 4 exams or done well on all 4, but I didn't ace any of them. All I can do is wait for the grades. This will tell me where I am personally, in respect to my class and in respect to the idea of transferring.
I'm pretty committed to staying here for the 3 years, but if I do well enough, I will probably give transferring a shot. I guess it also depends how mobile I'll be in a year. Maybe I will have set some roots here, so who knows. I hate to predict because I might fail of law school in a year or maybe not be around, but I still need to prepare with a good plan of action regardless. (if you say irregardless, and you are in my class, know I want to hit you with my highlighter.)
Another note on the exams is that I know you are not supposed to talk about them once you are done, but sometimes its just hard not to. I watch myself, but when people start talking to me about it, then I just start when I should just not say anything. There is nothing you can do once they are done, so why talk about whether conversion was on the essay. I usually just bullshit for a minute or two and then leave, because there is no way people will talk about anything but that after or between exams. I have been pretty calm through this whole thing, but my stress is internal and eating me up, the problem is that I deal with stress with apathy. I wish I could deal with my emotions with apathy.
You know when you are studying and working your ass off, you can't wait until it is over. You promise yourself you will just cut loose and get drunk and really have fun. Everytime, I finish and I'm so done, all that I care about is sleeping and being home and doing nothing. I don't even want to drink. I'm way too tired and drained. Instead of going out with classmates to celebrate, I just came home and did nothing. I am still in a daze, but hopefully I'll sleep it off tonight. I did start to drive towards a party, but I could feel that I wasn't the best driver, so I knew after a beer or two getting home would be risky, so it wasn't worth it.
After the exam I was so happy to be done, I just wanted to talk to somebody. I went through my usual list of nubers and no one was answering. For some reason it just popped in my head to call my sister Vero. She used to be part of that list, so I guess it was just normal. Of course the inclination quickly passed as reality set in, but that moment was a reminder that life just isn't the same without her. I miss her, miss talking to her and missed having her and my nieces as a family unit I could always find comfort in. I hope I never stop thinking about her because all I have is her memory and I know that the more I forget to visit it, the more it fades.
So the baseball series is starting. I am rooting for the Red Sox and hope the Yankees lose, even though as I write this, the Yanks are kicking butt. The Red Sox got what they wanted, so now they can only blame themselves. I'm also rooting for the Astros. I hope they have a good post season.
Koki is better from her sickness for all of you out there worrying. I'll still take her and Mia to the vet soon, but I need to call the vet in VA and I'm still trying to figure out where I took her. Plus, I need to get her a nice little carrying crate. These girls are so much work now, cleaning their litter, keeping them fed, etc. (you know not really though.) Two is not the same as one.
La Oreja
No comments:
Post a Comment