I was thinking of going home (Edinburg) this weekend. It has been a while since I have been there. I now understand what Abram meant when he said that it wasn't that easy to get home even though I'm relatively close. I decided instead to plan for next week, Oct. 12th to go to the Valley and see my family. My nieces should be there and I have a list of things I need to bring back. It will probably just be a quick weekend trip, but I think it will be worth it.
Ericka decided to go and visit her parents in San Antonio this coming weekend. They are going on vacation to Mexico. I think she is going to be really happy to see them. I hope she has a good time and takes a lot of pictures. She is trying to plan a vacation soon, but she isn't too sure what she is going to do. I think right now the plan is to go to Canada with Karina.
I haven't played poker in a long time, online or in real life. I want to play, but I just can't afford it right now. My thoughts are I can start making some extra money to pay back the people I owe money to, but how irresponsible does it seem to be playing poker with $16 rather than giving to the person who it rightfully belongs to. I should just get over it and get back on my feet and take care of everyone that has helped me out. I should get back on the horse getting a home game started.
I am a playoffs watcher. It doesn't matter the sport, I just enjoy watching playoffs. Baseball I find to be very slow so I don't really start to pay attention until the run up to the playoffs, but this year I did worse and am just tuning in now. My sentimental team is the Red Sox, but now that the curse is over, well I don't support them as fully, but I don't mind being a bandwagon fan. I dislike the Yankees like most red blooded Americans and my Texas teams didn't make the playoffs this year, but I am an Astros fan. I missed the whole history making slide by the Mets and how they didn't make the playoffs.
So I'm trying to get into Pearls Before Swine like I have mentioned before, but it isn't too easy for me. I just don't take to comics fast. Pooch Cafe took me until I purchased the books until I was really hooked. I guess when you only get a small piece it doesn't make the impact of comic after comic after comic. I'll give it some time, I just wish I knew the back stories on the characters.
We got this dication program at work where you talk and the computer transcribes the words for you. I don't think I'm too much of a fan of dictation. I hear you can talk faster than you type, but I'm so used to thinking and then typing rather than thinking and dicating. I'm going to try to learn the program, but just don't think it is going to be the best fit for me.
I haven't discussed my Harry Potter book. I am almost embarrassed to say that it has taken me so long to read. Mainly, I've just had problems reading for enjoyment lately and I just can't find a position where I can sit for hours and read. I have had some good days where I've really gotten into the book, but really it should only have taken me one weekend to read. I've been mixing up reading a chapter at home and then listening to a chapter on audiobook on my way to work. I've never done this dual type of digesting a book. Maybe my problem is too much tv or this working thing where I don't have the time I used to.
People let me know about the good shows that are out that I should check out. It is better I tune in now than try to catch up later. I hear Shark is good, is that worth trying to catch up on? I need to catch up on 30 Rock and Weeds.
No comments:
Post a Comment