Thursday night Sam Cook was in town, so I met up with him in San Marcos. We started off at the Tap Room where we met his friend Omar. I remembered the place as somewhere Abram too me once when I was really drunk. We then went to J's where I got to see a different piano bar singer than the one who was there last time. I think we ended the night off at a salsa bar.
I don't have a lot of memories from when I was little. I feel like the older I get the less I remember about when I was young and about stories that I don't recant in my head or to other people. When I started my new job I noticed there was a small page size poster on wall. It was of Snoopy. It looks like this.
I remember seeing this poster I think in my dad's office when I once went with him when I was little. I remember not understanding why Wednesday was so bad, but I easily understood why Saturday was so great. It brought back memories of wondering what it would feel like to have a job, what I wanted to be when I grew up and trying to understand what exactly my dad did. The other thing I remember about his job was his two hole paper puncher. I never understood it, I mean I understood the 3 hole paper punch, but 2? Was there special paper? I would play with it a lot at home I think just punching random two holes into paper. Why was it missing the 3rd hole? Really what use could it be? While I was at work today I was going over some procedural history of a case when I saw the pages sorted in a folder with two holes at the top. All of a sudden the two hole paper punch made sense all these years later. Though I do admit I never thought about it again in over 20 years. Small things can bring back interesting memories I think.
I run into really silly articles online. Here is one that caught my eye. Your man making you fat? Guy-proof your diet I think I have been that guy. Reading an article on how to deal with a person like me was enlightening. I'm sure there are people out there that will understand this.
I was talking to my Tia Amelia yesterday. She told me that she visited my blog. It is nice to know that family members visit too. I'll probably still talk about embarrassing things and work on trying to be has honest as possible. So she was telling me how she praying for me, which I really appreciate. I feel great to have so many people praying for me, but I don't want to feel like I will be letting a lot of people down.
No comments:
Post a Comment