“It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that prevents us from living freely and nobly.” - Henry David Thoreau
Monday I started another week of work and dealt with my issue of not feeling like I'm being productive enough. Sometimes writing a motion takes me a whole day and I don't know what the fair amount to bill would be. I understand that some things are taking more time for me because of my learning curve. I'm still pretty excited about working on Motions and arguments, not so much in summarizing depos or ambiguous research. The problem is that those are important components to making strong arguments. It reminds me of my debate days. I like making and responding to arguments. My new theory is the idea of disclosure. Just like in debate, you let them know what you are going to argue and then still kick their ass with their best defense. This idea has freed me from holding back thinking I could save that argument for later when it will be more powerful, but instead I'll just use it twice.
I also took advantage of my car wash rain check on Monday. The tip was still more than if I got a cheap car wash. Having a clean car does make you feel better. Danny made a joke about how he couldn't believe I don't wash my own car. It doesn't even bother me. I also don't think I'll cut my own yard in the future.
Koki and Mia are not too happy with Max. They are warming up. I try not to force them to interact, but I'm still doing that since I'm all about unity. I know my approach will just push them apart. I'm taking Max for a walk everyday and he is learning to respect my authority. It does take a lot not to baby him and treat him like the a baby puppy, but I am going to try treating him like a dog and trying to make him happy in that way.
I found this cool article on Phantom cell phone Vibrations. I've actually had many conversations on this issue many years ago. Maybe I should of written an article on this topic. I always thought it was me just feeling sad that no one wanted to call or text me.
Tuesday (today) is Herbert and Juan's Birthday. I gave them calls today. Time is flying by. Next year I promise to visit them to celebrate.
I also took advantage of my car wash rain check on Monday. The tip was still more than if I got a cheap car wash. Having a clean car does make you feel better. Danny made a joke about how he couldn't believe I don't wash my own car. It doesn't even bother me. I also don't think I'll cut my own yard in the future.
Koki and Mia are not too happy with Max. They are warming up. I try not to force them to interact, but I'm still doing that since I'm all about unity. I know my approach will just push them apart. I'm taking Max for a walk everyday and he is learning to respect my authority. It does take a lot not to baby him and treat him like the a baby puppy, but I am going to try treating him like a dog and trying to make him happy in that way.
I found this cool article on Phantom cell phone Vibrations. I've actually had many conversations on this issue many years ago. Maybe I should of written an article on this topic. I always thought it was me just feeling sad that no one wanted to call or text me.
Tuesday (today) is Herbert and Juan's Birthday. I gave them calls today. Time is flying by. Next year I promise to visit them to celebrate.
SNL did a great NBC/Notre Dame Football promo. This is the best quality I could find. I dedicate this to Mark D.
On a more serious note. From Crooks and Liars:
As the Right Wing’s War on Children’s Health Care continues to blow up in their faces, the pressure on Congress to override President Bush’s veto on SCHIP becomes more intense. In this video we meet Bethany Wilkerson, who is alive today only because of the SCHIP program. After the brutal attacks on the Frost family, the Wilkersons are ready for what will likely be in store for them from the right-wing hate machine.
S-CHIP Works: Bethany's Story
Maybe I care about this issue not because I'm this big fan of protecting children in general terms[hate the "think of the children" argument for censorship.] from things parents should take responsibility over, but I am a fan of protecting "people" including children from factors out of their control such as healthcare. I think everyone in a country as great as ours should have access to healthcare, even if it is just a basic amount and let capitalism sort out the people that want elective surgery and more comprehensive care. This is a step in the right direction. I am biased because this type of program affects my younger sister who is a hard working mom with a young child who doesn't meet the guidelines for medicare because she makes too much and doesn't qualify for SCHIP because she makes too little. (Might be vice versa.) With another niece/nephew on the way I want to know that all her basic healthcare needs will be met and financial decisions won't affect her parent's decision to properly take care of her. My sister owes 800 dollars for one doctor visit of prenatal care, how could she ever afford that? Just look at the money lost in Iraq each week, it could be used for healthcare or God forbid a stronger education system. Go after the grafters and fraud in Iraq and money lost down the rabbit hole, instead of trying to get health insurance for children. This was the argument Bill Maher made on Real Time and it really captured my feelings.not a good day, but it will be ok
No comments:
Post a Comment