is learn to let go
no not of you
of all that's been told
killers reinvent and believe
and this leans on me
like a rootless...
so fuck you
and all we've been through
i said leave it
it's nothing to you
and if you hate me
then hate me so good that you can let me out
let me out of this hell when you're around
let me out...and fuck you, fuck you, i love you
and all we've been through
i said leave it
it's nothing to you."
- Damien Rice, Rootless Tree
I've been listening to the Damien Rice 9 cd recently. Song 4, Rootless Tree really got my attention, but I have to say that I enjoyed "O" a lot more so far. I wonder what exactly these lyrics mean. I need a new band to start listening to on my drive to work.
So here is the plan. I'm all about having plans. I want to drive home on Friday October 12th after work for Edinburg. It will really be a quick trip, and I'll be on my way back Sunday morning. I hope to see my family and friends.
So sometimes I try to be cute and it backfires. Usually when I am drinking I am bad at math. So sometimes instead of writing a tip amount, I just write "15%" instead. That way they know I gave them a standard tip and I don't have to figure out how much 15% is. Well I got charge "$15.00" instead of "15%" and I had to dispute it today. Yeah it is my own fault, now I'm just going to write a number.
Ericka is back from Mexico today. It was a long trip of driving and taking buses and I'm sure she is happy to be back.
SNL Weekend Update on Larry Craig: "You're Not Going to Resign...Really!?"
Senator Webb Sets Joe Scarborough Straight On Blackwater. I've been following this issue since I first heard about it on the daily show last year (when the book came out) and I was wondering why more people were not enraged at this. It took them murdering people to finally get some attention to our government's solution to privatize everything.
I think Mark (of Martian Cat Problem) explains my views on supporting the troops the best in his entry Don't Put This On the Troops. It is well reasoned, but I do feel that there are limits to just doing your job. At some point it has to be the responsibilty of the troops to have an opinion, but of course not while in the throws of combat. It is analogous to having to disobey orders to be in accordance with international law.
Here is a cool article I read I today. Oh baby, what's a Sox fan to do? "It wasn't until the mother-of-my-child-to-be announced our due date of October 18th that I thought, uh, that could be potentially problematic." The comments to the article are great too.
I've added some new features to my site. I have Blog Quick links which let you see if Maria or Mark's blogs have been updated and some other random links.
this feels right
Hey Marty, how do I get one of those updated-blog sidebar thingy's.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I don't mean to say soldiers shouldn't express their opinions or follow orders contrary to law, like the Geneva convention.
Rather, I like it when they do speak out - they are also citizens after all. I just get bothered when others speak for them.
go to "Choose a New Page Element" adn then "Feed" (add to blog). There will be a line that says "Feed URL: [blank}" and you can enter the RSS feed for any site, ie. mine : http://martyscorner.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
ReplyDelete