Friday night I went out to 6th Street. Oscar and I met up with his co-worker Christian and a friend, Karina. The missing of the presence of Ericka was there. We met up at Key Bar and had drinks while trying to get away from a malfunctioning mister that was constantly dripping water on us. After a while I decided to try to mix things up and try a new place that we had never been to. I was proud of my idea and once we got there I felt like I made a good decision. It didn't take long to notice that the place was dead and in fact a bad idea. It didn't bother me though, because at least now I knew. After a drink there, we headed up to another bar we had been to before and ended the night off there. I wasn't driving so I had an extra shot with Karina and we discussed her opinions on topics I had for her. I think we will be good friends. As the night came to an end, we walked back to our cars and a friend of ours was not completely fit to drive. I was more fit, so being the great people we are, Oscar took her home and I drove her car behind them. I'm glad I don't over drink.
Saturday I had lunch and then went to HEB Plus. I had heard about the one in the valley and how grand and wonderful it was. I figured I'd give this one a stroll and pick up some things I needed while I was there. I think I built up the place too much in my mind, something I am known for doing. It was was large and had a great selection, but it wasn't right for me. When I go shopping for food I want to make it quick and effective, focusing more on what I need rather than what I might be willing to try. There were all kinds of sections, like an organic section, which I'm sure Ericka would enjoy, but for me it just meant more expensive food. The karts were much bigger, which is very smart, and I pretty much went through a whole long tour throughout the store putting things I could remember I needed into my cart. I thought the idea of a clinic there was really good. I might it check it out one day considering I still don't have health insurance.
Saturday I also watched Texas lose to OU. I feel like a UT fan even though I never went to UT, it is hard for me to understand. I'll always consider them my school. Sunday I watched the Red Sox win and I spent the day trying to relax and get ready for another week of work.There are a lot of reasons why October has been and is going to be a great month for me. There are also reasons why October is harder to get through than I wanted. It is all mental though. I don't know the exact day or weekend, but someone I used to date is getting married this month. I try not to think about it, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't on my mind. I'm torn between being happy for them and getting lost in a past that I know turned out the way it was supposed to. How can I have no regrets and still feel this regretful at the same time? It is the not knowing that helps me I think. Maybe people just want what they can't have and when I had it I didn't want it as much as I thought I did. There is no where else I'd be if I could do it again, but it still sucks and isn't easy for me. So it is true that the wedding has been on my the back of mind, but mainly in putting my life into perspective and thinking about what I want from myself. This isn't a case of wishing it was me because I made the decision to not return and I know it was what was best for me. Hopefully November will come and I'll be over it.
all was well
No comments:
Post a Comment