“By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.”- George Carlin
I'm a big fan of Lost and I hate when they take a week off to do a special episode which to me I consider to be just a clip show. I felt like an idiot not putting together that Miles was the son of the doctor on the island. The race issue was kind of a good hint I think. I feel kind of detached from TV lately, as in not as invested in the story lines as I used to be. This might be a good thing, probably means I'm getting a life rather than caring about this picture show meant to sell me shit. Greys bores me right now, as does Private Practice and the finales for a lot of shows have already aired. I need some good TV.
Today has been a tough day, one of those days where you just want to go home, drink a beer, relax and not think about anything. I'm always amazed at how many problems come from thinking and obsessing. You got an overdue bill for example (which I don't right now thank God), I don't know what is worse, it being over due or thinking constantly about it letting it eat at you. So is the solution to stop thinking about it? Well no, you have to figure out a way to pay that bill, but to beat yourself up about it with your every thought isn't good either. So just block it out. Wait, that is the second source of all my problems, blocking them out while they grow and get worse and worse. Damn it. It is almost like life is trying to get me to face my problems and figure out a way to solve them. What sucks is, life isn't like paying a bill, some problems don't have a clear solution. I wonder if they all even have solutions. I don't know...beer, that has to be it. Enough talking in the abstract.
The Negative Effects of Spoiling Children
: Here is how I hope to raise to my kids.
The Negative Effects of Spoiling Children
: Here is how I hope to raise to my kids.
Parents are moved by instinct to love, nurture, and provide for their offspring. Because our children are so much a part of us, we want to see them blissfully happy. Also, our own desire to be liked, materialist pressures, and a fervent wish that our children have everything we lacked as youngsters can prompt us to spoil them. However, while it might seem that buying your child expensive gifts will give them fond memories of childhood or that you can heal your emotional wounds by doting on your sons and daughters, you may be unconsciously interfering with your children's evolutional development. One of the most precious gifts you can grant your children is the true independence they gain when they learn to earn what they covet and become stewards of their own happiness. Try allowing your children to experience life to the fullest. Let them work and earn what they want. When the time comes for them to go to college and enter the workforce, you will have the confidence that you have raised a child that can both enter and contribute to society confidently.
"How To Break Up" - Tales Of Mere Existence : I ran into this on twitter and it made me laugh. Hope you enjoy it.
"How To Cope With Depression" - Tales Of Mere Existence : Not as funny, but still good I think.
"Boyfriends I have Been" - Tales Of Mere Existence : Let's end this trifecta with this video. There are a lot more, you should check them out on YouTube.
"How To Cope With Depression" - Tales Of Mere Existence : Not as funny, but still good I think.
"Boyfriends I have Been" - Tales Of Mere Existence : Let's end this trifecta with this video. There are a lot more, you should check them out on YouTube.
A friend of mine showed me a funny website called FMyLife. It is fun to read and sometimes makes you feel better about your life. Here are a few examples, not the best, but some that quickly caught my eye.
Today, I was in the Student Union when a man a came up to me and asked if I wanted to be in a study to see how men acted differently when working with attractive women. Flattered and taken aback, I agreed. He then told me I would be part of the control group to see how they act around plain looking women. FML
Today, I bought a coral colored hooded sweatshirt, which my girlfriend told me was "hot". I wore it to a baseball game tonight. When it got cold I put the hood over my head, only to hear everyone behind me laugh. The back of the hood said "Boy crazy". It was a teen girls sweatshirt. FML
Today, I was on a small plane. A flight attendant told us that there was too much weight in the front of the plane and they needed 3 people to move to the back of the plane. I volunteer and walk to the back. She says, "Okay, we're going to need 1 more person." FML
not caring
No comments:
Post a Comment